A youth in the fourth grade or above who desires to be an Altar Server must have received their first communion and be receiving communion on a regular basis. In addition, the youth must be able to commit to the following:
- Serving weekend Mass as scheduled (normally, once every 2-3 weeks).
- Serving Mass on weekdays and Holy Days of Obligation on a rotation basis (school schedule permitting).
- Serving at Holy Day Masses, weddings, funerals as needed and when available.
- Obtaining a substitute when unable to fulfill a Mass assignment.
- Attending scheduled Altar Server meetings and training classes.
To inquire about serving, and to sign up for altar server training, please contact OCCatholicDeaf@rcbo.org